Call AFC's Education Helpline
Monday to Thursday
10 am to 4 pm
Receive our newsletter and other email updates.
Advocates for Children of New York (AFC)’s mission is to promote access to the best education New York can provide for ALL students, especially students of color and students from low-income backgrounds.
If you would like to speak with an education specialist, please call our Helpline between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, Monday through Thursday, at 1-866-427-6033. You can also send us a message via our website.
We will advise you on your child’s specific situation and work with you to ensure that your child gets the help he/she needs.
Our experienced education specialists and attorneys provide free legal counsel to families from low-income backgrounds, including representation at school-related hearings and appeals. We also offer all families informative workshops and a wide range of free resources including fact sheets, brochures, referrals, and guides, so that they can advocate on behalf of their children’s educational rights.
AFC does not consider immigration status when deciding whether to help you.
- Young children and students (ages 0 – 26), who live in the five boroughs of NYC and are struggling or experiencing discrimination in school or early learning programs.
- AFC conducts hundreds of free trainings and workshops year-round on a wide variety of education topics.
- You can request a training or a workshop on an education topic of your choice.
- AFC provides free guides and resources to keep you up-to-date on the education issues that affect your child. Click on the guides & resources link to get brochures, fact sheets, tip sheets, and more in your area of interest.
- We provide a list of organizations and websites that offer help and information in the areas of education, child advocacy, and legal services.