Call AFC's Education Helpline
Monday to Thursday
10 am to 4 pm
Gabriel needed an appropriate placement and special education services for kindergarten.
Receive our newsletter and other email updates.
Am I Eligible?
Am I Eligible for Services?
Advocates for Children of New York (AFC) serves ALL New York City students and young children, from birth through age 26, who are struggling in school or experiencing school discrimination of any kind.
In addition to advice and information we offer to all NYC callers, we provide free legal counsel to families from low-income backgrounds, including representation at school-related hearings and appeals. We also offer all families informative workshops and a wide range of free resources including fact sheets, brochures, referrals, and guides, so that they can advocate on behalf of their children’s educational rights.
AFC does not consider immigration status when deciding whether to help you.
If you need information on a specific population that we serve, please click on the links below to learn more about:
- Early Childhood
- Students with Disabilities
- Students who are Over-Age for their Grade Level
- Immigrant Students and English Language Learners
- Students Facing Disciplinary Issues
- Youth Involved in the Juvenile & Criminal Justice Systems
- Students Involved in the Child Welfare System
- Students in Temporary Housing
- Students Attending Charter Schools
You can also call our Helpline (1-866-427-6033) between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, Monday through Thursday, to speak with an education specialist.
To read about some of the students AFC has helped, please go to Success Stories.