Call AFC's Education Helpline
Monday to Thursday
10 am to 4 pm
Gabriel needed an appropriate placement and special education services for kindergarten.
Receive email updates or text alerts from AFC.
Who We Are
Advocates for Children of New York (AFC) partners with like-minded organizations, programs, and social service providers to ensure NYC youth and families have a strong network of support to help them reach their goals.
Robin Hood Project:
Since 2004, AFC has partnered with agencies supported by Robin Hood to provide legal advocacy and in-depth case assistance to at-risk families on education-related matters. In addition, our Robin Hood Project staff also conducts trainings and workshops to build the capacity of our partner agencies to identify and address issues on their own.
We are currently working with more than a dozen community-based organizations funded by Robin Hood in areas like child welfare, health care, juvenile justice, and domestic violence. They include:
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine's Early Childhood Center
- Ali Forney Center
- Andrew Glover Youth Program
- Bloomingdale Family Program
- Brooklyn Kindergarten Society
- Center for Court Innovation
- Children's Aid Society, Carrera Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program
- Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
- The Family Center
- Friends of the Children
- GO Project
- Goddard Riverside Community Center
- Good Shepherd Services
- Harlem RBI
- Lenox Hill Hospital's Center for Attention and Learning
- Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center
- PROMISE PROJECT at Columbia University Medical Center
- Sanctuary for Families
- SCO Family of Services